Monday, May 4, 2009

American Woman by The Guess Who
1970 was the the year of this footage and new found success in the US for this Canadian band. I was 12 years old then and today is the first time I have seen these guys live. Frontman Burton Cummings is near a dead ringer for Burt Reynolds. I always figured these fella's were hippie types but wow they are far from it! Lead guitarist Randy Bachman is laid back style wise, thank God! Never would have thought that such a hard edged tune would be fronted by a stuffed suit! I don't mean to be disrespectful but I calls 'em as I see's 'em. Their Home Page isn't working for me. See how you make out with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You!

My photo
Binghamton, New York, United States
I am obsessed with live rock shows and rock concert videos. My aim is to help bands and singers gain exposure to new audiences. Thanks for your help with spreading the word around the globe of new and established artists and performers. Send submissions and inquiries to: liverocklover@live.com